Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Taste of India


Being that my incredible husband is of Indian descent, I'm always looking for Desi happenings around Atlanta to cart the family off to experience. One of the beautiful things about America, to me, is that there are these amazingly strong cultural influences- from all over the world- in different pockets of every city. Atlanta has some incredible African, Korean, Native American, Mexican, Brazilian, German, Indian, and numerous other influences. My family and I love to partake in all types of festivals and events around town, and I hope to be sharing many cultural events with you throughout my blogging future.

Over the summer, there are a couple of Indian events coming up that I wanted to share. I hope that you'll visit at least one of them, for they are truly great fun and a wonderful opportunity to get to know another culture!



June 18-20, 2010
Hare Krishna Temple, 1287 S Ponce de Leon Ave. NE, Atlanta, GA 30306


June 19-28, 2010
Berkmar High School, 405 Pleasant Hill Road, Lilburn, GA 30047



June 26, 2010
Bhojanic, 1363 Clairmont Road, Decatur, GA 30033

July 10, 2010; 5: 00 p.m.
Gwinnett Center, 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway,


Ongoing
460 Rockbridge Road NW, Lilburn, GA 30047


Bollywood Movies On Screen
Ongoing
Galaxy Cinema, 4975 Jimmy Carter Blvd., Norcross, GA 30093

No comments:

Post a Comment