Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Julesy's floor bed graduation!


As a treat for Mother's Day, Ram asked me how I wanted to spend my day- as if he needed to ask! Initially, I had an early morning family hike in mind, but as the morning ran away from us, all I really wanted to do was clean and rearrange the house!

We moved a few things around, and as I was revamping Julesy's closet, I opened up the storage and brought out the toddler bed awaiting him. This little gymnast has been climbing onto everything, the latest of which has been Bunny's bed. Climbing that bed and trying to jump on it has nearly killed me of a heart attack too many times this past week, so I though maybe if he had a little height to his floor bed, he'd go for his own bed instead of his sister's.

Here's Julesy enjoying his new bed, while sweet Daddy sleeps on the floor beside him. We've loved every minute of our floor bed experience with Jules. There were nights, when sleep deprived I dreamed of putting the crib together and caging our little man in, but the next morning I found myself so grateful that I'd resisted the urge. The past 14.5 months have convinced me that I'll never have a crib in my home again. I've loved that when he needs us, he's simply made his way out of his bedroom and come into ours to let us know he's awake and there's something that needs our attention. Yes, Jules has probably found a way to get into things much earlier than most kids his age as a result, but that's part of the point, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment