Thursday, May 6, 2010

And... we're back!


I must have completely forgotten about this blog. Or perhaps I was just enjoying life too much! I'm not a huge "journal" type of person, but then I realized- I can later print this out and it would be such fun for the kids (and I) to read at some later date. So here we go, I'm going to try to get back on the horse!

A quick update: Ram and I quickly joined the healthy binge bandwagon this past month. I'm trying my hardest to get a work-out in everyday on top of the regular miles I walk with the kids, and Ram's doing the same. And we've put ourselves on a healthy salad diet. That is, we must eat at least one salad as a meal per day. I'm very excited!! This week I've walked, cycled, pilated, and run some of this body off (I hope!). I guess the next feasible step would be to buy a scale, from which I've normally tried to stay as far away as I can get.

Ram's doing fantastic at Sutherland, enjoying every deal he's pushing. Offshore wind farms are by far the most exciting topic to him at the moment (well, aside from the Braves, as always), and I have to agree. They are truly exciting. I love reading about them with him!


I've taken a position with EurAupair, which I am loving. Here's my new blog for all of those goings-ons (http://euraupairatlanta.blogspot.com/).


Bunny is blowing me away with just how incredible she is doing at school, in swim class, in life, etc. She began staying through the afternoons on Wednesdays in April, which is such a big deal for a 4-year old. We are still loving Montessori In Town, and I'm so glad to have found a school that I consider a long-term home for us!! Her latest work that I love are her metal inset pieces. To see her progression in the precision with which she works is what makes me so proud. She works so diligently on these! I will try to post some of her fabulous work up soon. As far as swimming goes, my baby can seriously swim! She's doggy- paddled as far as 8-9 feet from me to the wall. She received her first ribbon for swimming from her instructor, Bridget, and I cannot tell you how proud she was to share this with Daddy!



And Julesy, well, he's a one year old! He started in on the journey of walking over the past two weeks. Yes, it's finally arrived, on perfect time. He is so proud of himself, and he gets such a kick out of standing up and falling down, standing up, toddling, and falling down again! He just finished his first series of BabySigns, and he's signing so much these days! It is great! We're still practicing Elimination Communication with him, and he loves to sing our homemade signing songs while on the potty. He's up to six teeth- and they are sharp ones! One of his other, unfortunate favorite past times is trying to get a rise out of Daddy and me by biting us. That little stinker. It's true, and it's seriously painful!! But I have to admit, I have a hard time not smiling or laughing afterward because that doll baby gives me his look and I melt. So there it is, yes I guess I'm inadvertently encouraging this behavior.


Life is beautiful! Peaceful! Full of blessings! I'm one lucky mama, wife, woman!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how grown up they look... is Ben going to be in K next year? At Fernbank? Nik is going to be in 1st Grade...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are growing up. I can't believe it. Bun will stay at M.I.T. until they kick us out :) We love it there! They are currently working on expanding it to include lower and then upper elem., so I hope they will have it up and running by the time she is 6 years. If not, then we'll be at Fernbank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elle! I just saw this post :) So glad you're going to try and blog more. I've had so much fun (way more than I anticipated) by blogging, though admittedly I was a huge journal-er before... I've kept journals since I was twelve, but in the past 6+ years I've done it much less. I used to journal EVERY night before going to bed, and I found that I actually slept better, having gotten all of my thoughts out and written down instead of meshing in my head!

    Anywho, it's also a great way for your friends (like me!) who are far away, or even those you just don't get to see as much to keep up with you. But mostly, what has motivated me in MY blog lately is simply that idea you mentioned -I want to get it made into a book and save it to give to my daughter, so that she can read about pregnancy from her mom's mouth - so to speak - and also so that when we next have a kid, I can look back on it and recall or compare the experience.

    Whatever the case, it's so darling to read about your kids and their growth, and I'm so happy that life is so good right now. I can hardly believe how much they've grown already!

    Sending you lots of love and blessings ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete