Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cheer Me On, Baby!

What is this blog all about, people? To keep me motivated, keep me accountable, and ultimately support me in reaching this fitness goal of mine!! I would so appreciate any deliciously healthy easy vegetarian meal ideas, motivating comments, congratulatory remarks when improvements come, and mentioning any great workout songs that you love- that would be awesome!!



Current weight: 139 lbs. My goal: 129 lbs. by the time I'm 29 years old. Deadline: September 13,2011. Seems doable, right? Well I'm feeling frustrated lately. I haven't really lost anything since December of last year, when I decided to kick things up a notch and really put more time into working out. This is following breaking my fifth metatarsal in the fall and having an aupair in the house making way too many holiday peanut and chocolate sweets... prior to this I had dropped about 6-7 lbs towards my goal weight (over the course of 17 months, are you kidding me!! Lost the first 20 lbs from pregnancy in less than three months, then nothing. A big fat plateau, staring me right in the mirror in my booty and thighs...) and then I gained that 6-7 lbs back between the time I broke my foot and the time the aupair moved out the first week of January. Dangit. Oh well, the past is the past, and there's nothing to see but the future right now.

My ultimate goal is to get back to 126, what I was before I got pregnant with Julesy, when I was also able to be attending multiple Bikram classes a week b/c I had some free time while Bunny was in school during the mornings. This yoga possibility will hopefully return when both children are in school M-F in the mornings in the fall, but until then I'm developing an alternate plan. A sustainable plan. For now, I'm focusing on my exercise habits because I think that I'm a relatively healthy eater. No fast food, not much sugar in my diet, plenty of green veggies and healthy fruits. Mostly drink water, max 1 cup of coffee per day, an occasional small cup of O.J., and never soda. If my exercise boost doesn't take care of some of this weight and I see no improvements in 2-3 weeks, then I'll look into somehow changing what I eat.

I've been attending a Body Pump class for the past 6 weeks, with 2 weeks off- one for a trip to Disney/Sea World and one for Spring Break, both in which I continued to do a substantial amount of walking all over the parks and our cabin space, plus 2 days of an hour on horseback- not much to work out, but my inner thighs were feeling it after both days. No change in my weight so far, but I am feeling stronger, and yes I know I must build muscle to burn fat (is this making me heavier before I get to be slimmer? I don't know.) So, here we go- no more M-R days off until June, when things may shift a bit with summer. That is a full six weeks to hopefully kick me off into seeing more changes!!

My Plan:

Mondays/Wednesdays: Body Pump (60 min) + whatever amount of the Abs class I cake make it in time to do (right before BP), + 1 mile post BP.

T/R: Running days: Minimum 3 miles. Slowly transition into exclusively using my Five fingers. + Abs.

F/S/S: TBD. Perhaps a circuit and a mile for Friday, the Erg + Tread + Abs for Sat, and catch a Bikram class on Sunday. Still ironing this out. Weekends are the toughest for me to stick to something. Yes, I'm still active with Ram and the kids, but I haven't done a dedicated workout on Sat/Sun up til now. Ram and I are committing to do at least one 5k per month, of which we've completed 2 this year, January's Tartan Trot and March's Tour deCatur. I feel like we did one in February, but if I can't name it, it probably didn't happen.

Weigh-ins every Monday after my workouts. I'm using the scale at the Y, which differs by 2-3 lbs than the one at Gigi's (Gigi's says I'm lighter, and so to that I say, "Thanks!!")

A catch-up for my log this week:

Week of April 11, 2011
Weight: 139.0 lbs
Monday: BP + 10 min abs + 1 mi in vibs
Tuesday: 2.9 mi run (1.2 mi in vibs) + 10 min abs
Wednesday: BP + 15 min abs + 1 mi in vibs **Holy Hell that one hurt my calves! And today I noticed this flab around my tummy that wasn't there in years past, arg!! I am hating seeing those rolls during ab workouts, but hopefully they won't be there for long!!
Thursday: 2.8 mi (recovery day from vibs, otherwise I won't be able to run at all in the Sweetwater 5k this Saturday) + ___ min abs + ___ min erg this afternoon.

See you tomorrow, my cheerleaders :)

Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment